Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The olive harvest

Oh, it's great fun to live in a different clime and harvest new things from our yard. Olives don't grow in Cache Valley, so where we used to pick plums and apples from our yard, this year we picked olives. We were up in the trees for about two hours, and then the boys carefully sorted them all out by size and type, each olive carefully selected, and some left for the birds to enjoy. We then took our harvest it to a local press who will turn it into olive oil for us. Yum! Can't wait!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know if Niki and Isaac's Dad (or Mom) suggested that they try tasting one of the olives off the tree, like my Dad once did while playing a round of golf one memorable afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYBODY needs to try a raw olive at least once in their life, but neither kid was tempted after seeing the expression on my face after I bit into one. :-)

    ReplyDelete