Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Jenn Britt, Fish Hunter



So I've been fishing seriously now for over a month, catching snapper in the low 30 cm range for the most part from the kayak. Today I convince Jenn that the weather is just too nice not to go for an early afternoon kayak / fishing tour on the north side. After about 45 min of paddling we find a secluded little bay and I let Jenn try some casting while I troll with the "milk jug" fishing line. I manage to catch a 22 cm youth on the milk jug with squid. Then Jenn screams that she has a "big one!". The pole is bent in a "U" and she reels in this whopper (48 cm, 5.8 lbs). It dwarfs my best effort of 29 cm, shown merely for reference (although I think he has better coloring than Jenn's giant)

P.S. pod of dolphins spotted in Surfdale on the way to yoga class!

No comments:

Post a Comment